I had a goal to be Fit by Fall. A rather unspecific goal, so I wouldn't be setting myself up to fail.
Here is where I am, you be the judge how successful I have been.
1. I am 5lbs lighter than spring
2. I could not do any crunches the beginning of the summer....full crunches that is with arms over chest. I can do them now, though sometimes at the end of a workout, I am tired and can't.
3. I was doing boot camp 2 times a week, pretty much all summer other than sick or vacation, think I missed 2 weeks. I am now exercising 4 times a week consistently. I started a running program and now run 3 days a week, boot camp is only one due to my work schedule. So exercising twice as much as I used to AND getting up early to get it done.
4. I started a running program with a goal of running a 5k after 9 weeks. And I mean running...OK, jogging, who am I kidding, the whole way. I did a 5k last month and finished in 40 minutes plus some seconds. I did a combo run / walk, so I can finish one, now want to be able to run. Last weekend I did a 20 minute run on my program, this weekend it will be 25 minutes! When I finish my program, I would like to also beat the time from August just as a goal.
5. I want to complete another 1/2 Marathon, specifically the Disney Princess 1/2....its flat down there and they have entertainment every 1/2 mile which helps pass the time and distance. I did completed 2 1/2 marathons 10 years ago and know it just takes the commitment to slowly building up the mileage. I will NOT be running the whole way, I am a huge fan of the Run/Walk interval training.
Hopefully, my Plantar Faciitis will not keep me from making my new goals. I am hoping to avoid injuries. Along with the Plantar Faciitis which is now better, but I have some heal issues, I developed Bursitis in my shoulder. I try not to overdo it with my foot or shoulder when I am exercising and Ice and stretching are now a part of my post exercise ritual. Getting old is hard!
There you go, I think I am doing great by my goals....... and getting more specific.
It's been awhile
2 weeks ago