Saturday, August 29, 2009

"She will yell to Hell with Georgia, Like her Mama Used to do....."


For those who don't recognize the title, its a line from the my Alma mater's song, Rambling Wreck from Georgia Tech. Actually the REAL song has daddy but us gals at Tech would sing mama because we knew our daughters could do more than just dress in white and gold and walk around campus to cheer up the male students as the song suggests.

Being a Ga Tech grad, I do have my geeky side. I like sci fi and lets face it, I can be a dork. I pride myself on being able to relate to geeks and was always able to work with the most technical people in my previous professional life despite the fact I am NO engineer and would say I am NOT a math person - am clueless when it comes to technical stuff. NOTE: I was never an Engineering major at Tech, I went in and graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Industrial Management.....which at the time was "the easy major"....um not so easy for me, I am just happy I graduated!

My darling husband is a web developer and yes, he is a geek also.....though a cool one from Cali. I have been wondering if Sarah Cate will become a geek with her genetics.

Despite the fact I have sworn in the past my daughter will not be a girly girl - which is now out the window as we are totally in a princess phase, I purchased the Rose Petal Cottage playhouse - hey it was marked down so cheap after Christmas they were practically giving them away! SC loves to take things in her cottage and just hang out sometimes.

I noticed this week through the little door, it was packed with some books.......along with a few toys


and on closer examination, realized she wants to be a developer like her dad. If you ask her about the said books, she will say "Animals", But I am sure she was brushing up her mad IT skills.
I think she is also preparing for our kitchen renovation as I found her looking at this book yesterday and saying "House" aloud over and over again.


Oh the books she pulls off the shelf. All this from a cute little one who insists on wearing her Snow White costume once daily and sleeps with 10 various Disney Princess dolls. I think she is going to be one smart, technical, handy, and artisitic young lady! Mom is so proud of her book choices. Perhaps she is destined to yell "To Hell With Georgia" like her mama used to do.

In order to honor my daughter and her geeky side and complex nature, my inner creative dork wrote this song...in 5 minutes. It is sung to the tune of the classic Rick James tune "Super Freak".

She's a very geeky girl,
The kind who likes to hang with Mother,
She will never let your spirits down,
Once you get her on her feet.

She likes her princesses in hand,
Snow White's her all time favorite,
When she makes her Wiggles moves from the Sprout shows,
Its such a happy scene.

The girl is pretty smart now,
The girl's a super geek.
The king of girl who reads about - Java, A -S -P.
The girl is pretty wild now,
The girl's a super geek.
I really love to hug her,
Everytime we greet.

She's all right, She's all right.
That girl's all right with me.....yeah yeah yeah.

I am pathetic, but I love my little princess geek. I wonder how soon I will be totally embarassing her in public.



No comments: