Monday, August 10, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

Last weekend was one of those weekends you just dream of as a mom. Great family time, fun activities with family and friends.

Friday Sarah Cate and I went to the zoo with my friend Myra and her daughter Geneva. It was hot, but a great day at the zoo. After Myra left, decided to swing back through really quickly....so we were there from 11 to 3! Sarah Cate loves riding the Carousel and the Train. She picked the Panda to ride this time.

Saturday my friend Jean - sorority sister from my Ga Tech days, had a fantastic Birthday party on a party barge on Lake Lanier. We shoved off at 3pm, so it wasn't too crazy hot or crowded. The weather was just glorious, perfect day to be in the lake. Sarah Cate LOVED being able to be in the water with daddy. She also loved running in and out of the water on the island we parked on and watching the big kids go down the party barge slide. Sarah Cate was so worn out that she fell asleep on the way home at 7:30 and didn't wake up until 7am the next morning!

Sunday I was able to enjoy a baby shower for my friend from St Andrew Jacki, who is due in 2 weeks, so it could be any day. It was so nice to get out of the house alone and visit with my "church friends". I can't wait to meet baby Chaz - he is so lucky to have 2 older siblings Lexi and CJ who both are really excited about the newest Webb family member. Poor Jacki has been on bedrest well since the first trimester. She has had a hard pregnancy, but looked JOYOUS.

Of course I have no pictures to share, but what a blessing to be able to enjoy life with family and friends. Moments like so many over the weekend I just stop and Thank God for my family - wonderful husband who is an incredible provider, fun friends and the ability to be able to enjoy so many things on this wonderful planet of ours - and conveniently local.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yay for great weekends!!