Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Independence Day

Well isn't this late. Andy and I had a great day with Sarah Cate a few weeks ago. I think the best part was us just being together. Started the morning of with a free cup of joe from Starbucks with our starbucks promotional card....I got free coffee for 2 weeks, best promo ever! We enjoyed the Dunwoody Parade, largest one in Georgia, complete with a Tank. Not Sarah's 1st Parade, that would be the Gay Pride Parade we happened upon in Pittsburgh while walking around the city. As we wandered through the Pride Festivies I learned "On a hot sunny day like today, honey, every Drag Queen's Makeup starts to look bad". But back to Independence..... The Dunwoody Parade was alot of fun, nice friendly crowd, dogs on leashes and so many political candidates making their presence known. The Tank was actually on a tractor trailor float for one of the candidates...you can see the impression it made on me as I forget which one. It was an incredibly hot day but sunny day. We came home from the parade - at which I drank much water, cooked out some dogs and relaxed. Drove up to Roswell for the fireworks, it was an awesome show. Sarah was very tired, but she seemed to enjoy them, at first she was a little confused. Its a great country we live in, freedom of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. So many men and women have sacrificed to much for our country, we need not take these freedoms for liberty. Sure the US is NOT a perfect place. I saw Ray Charles say on a show about the statue of liberty, you can make fun of the president and complain about the governement here without risking your life. We take so much for granted, but when you visit other countries, it can be very apparent how much we have. He is so right - heck you wouldn't happen upon a Gay Pride Parade in some other places! So a very Happy Birthday America - yes I know belated....I think John Adams would be proud at how our county is still celebrating!

PS. I have added seeing the Boston Pops on the 4th to my Bucket List....it would be so awesome, maybe someday - but until then, just enjoy it on PBS!

1 comment:

Lori said...

So cute! Glad you had a great 4th!