Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Sarah Cate


Dear Sarah Cate,

Thank you for 2 of the best years of my life. Thanks for giving me all your smiles and hugs, especially when I start to wonder if I made the right decision staying at home with you. Thanks for giggling and running and laughing. I love being with you all day and hanging out with you. I love reading you George and your favorite Little Golden Books...The Counting One and the One About God. Its so cute how you LOVE wearing hats and your hoodie with the hood up.

I never imagined how fast time would go by. It seems like just yesterday that you were born. This past year you started walking, running, mastered steps and jumping. You learned the joys of The Wheels on the Bus and Ring Around the Rosie. You became fearless at the playground. Your contentment at just pushing something around the house or yard - your little lawnmower, your wagon and now your doll stroller - makes me smile. I love hearing you talking to yourself when you are looking at your books.

Your birthday was a beautiful day....one of the prettiest we have had in a while. The sky was clear as can be and the fall leaves were gorgeous. I am glad we got to spend a little time at the Duck Pond where your mom used to play when she was a girl.

I love you more than I can express.

Mommy

5 comments:

Lori said...

happy birthday sarah cate!
what a beautiful letter!

donna said...

Happy Birthday Miss Sara!

The Nichols' said...

Happy Belated Birthday Sarah Cate!! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Karen said...

She is beautiful, Julie! Loved your letter. What a special post for a special girl. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sarah Cate!!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Sarah Cate!!! (sorry I'm late to this post!!!)