Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Diet #4732

SO yesterday we started South Beach. I need to lose about 20lbs and Andy told me he wanted to lose 30. Of course I really want to get in the habit of eating heart healthy food. With my family's history - mom died of heart attack at 54, brother died of heart attack at 51....I figure I need to do all I can. Plus I need to take care of myself so that I will be around for my daughter.

Its not hard to follow this diet when you are so inclined that you need to do something. Sure I miss my fruit, Milk and starches, but they will be back in my diet in a couple weeks. The hardest part is not eating SArah's crust or eating a cracker or Goldfish when she is snacking. I hope I can stick with this, so far its not too bad but I am hungry right now and well, I know in general eating at 9pm is not exactly good. So I guess I will make myself a cup of decaf.

These 20 pounds have been haunting me all my life it seems. I need to exercise regularly, so now that I started the diet, I will focus on starting a regular exercise plan next week...hey one thing at a time you know?

No comments: