Monday, September 15, 2008

Sarah See, Sarah Do

You think kids aren't paying attention, and then something wonderful happens to show that they want to be like you.....

Yesterday at Mass we went straight to the crying room. I know we are getting a bit old for the crying room and I need to teach Sarah to be quiet and reverant, but I went to noon mass which is lunchtime and I didn't have my bag of tricks to keep Sarah occupied so I decided to take the easy way out and just go to the crying room which has toys and other kids. Many a protestant friend has commented on how we Catholics go up and down during mass. There are 2 times during mass we kneel, so I go down on my knees as did the other adults in the crying room and next thing I know, Sarah Cate was on her knees with her hands in front of her face in the prayer position. What a huge smile I had - of course she got right back up after a minute, but the next time we knelt, down she went and stayed down. Even the older girl next to me smiled. We are well on our way to explaining transubstantiation. Its fun having Sarah with me at mass, if only my husband would go with us....he is missing alot of cuteness.



Today Sarah had "school". I dropped her off, walked down by the school for about 30 minutes and as I was leaving the parking lot after my walk, noticed Sarah in the wagon on the way to the playground. She looked so happy to being pulled by her teacher. When she got home, she put her big Curious George doll in her wagon and happily pulled him around.






Sarah loves George

Sarah loves Riding in the Wagon

Therefore George will love Riding in the Wagon.

We have an analyst on our hands!


Life is so fun as a mom.

GEORGE PHOTO TAKEN FROM THE PBS Kids Website





I am having a great day today and am happy... Yippee!

Proverbs 23:25
Let your father and your mother be glad, And let her rejoice who gave birth to you.

1 comment:

Karen said...

How cute! I can just see her now. What a sweetie.