Thursday, December 25, 2008

Prayers Needed

My dad is in the hospital. He has not eaten for a couple days and told me yesterday over the phone he felt very "puny", and ill and tired. I am out visiting my in laws on the other side of the country. My sister left me a voice mail that they took dad to the hospital this morning as he looked horrible. I spoke with my brother in law and we are awaiting tests to be ran, there might be some kind of intestinal blockage. Dad is 82 and when I saw him on Monday he looked kind of out of it to me.

Please pray for my dad that if its his time, he goes peacefully. If he gets better I pray that he will be able to enjoy the rest of his life....he is in assisted living now, and can walk I just don't want him to become and invalid. Yet its not my will....what will happen will happen.

Please pray for my sister and her family who are alone dealing with this on Christmas. I feel helpless out here and I just wish I was with my sister right now as we are the only siblings left in my family and I hate that this is happening on Christmas as its one of her favorite days....she totally embodies the Christmas spirit.

OK, back to the family party I go.....only Andy knows what is going on.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this, Julie. I will pray for your Dad. It is no fun to be in the hospital on Christmas.

Julia said...

Julie,

I am so sorry to read this. Please know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything at all, please let me know.

Have a safe trip home!!

donna said...

Julie. I'm praying for your Dad's recovery. If you need any help, let me know.