Saturday, June 28, 2008

Snakes on a Plane

I had a bad sinus headache yesterday so I took a Zyrtec (sp?) and zoned out last night. I had HBO on and watched Snakes on a Plane. Boy is this a bad movie.....I wonder why Samuel L Jackson and Julianna Margolis did it. I seem to recall seeing her promoting the movie kind of embarassed about the name....which is just the tip of the cheesy iceberg.

The script was really predictable - but most disaster movies have the same formula so can't fault that. The dialog was really simple and some of the lines really campish and laughable - which couldn't have been the intent of the writers. Some of the characters came straight off a 70's sitcom....talk about unbelievable people. The story and special effects made me wonder if Beavis and Butthead had something to do with it.....snake attacking naked woman on the fake boob - did we really need a mile high club sex scene that ended with people getting attacked by snakes anyway. Of course a guy peeing in the loo gets attached on his pee pee and snake dangles off his pants....... But there I was watching it - kind of in disbelief at how bad it was....I had seen everything else on HBO channels and my head hurt so I didn't feel like channel surfing..... At the end of the film, just as they were trying to land the plane....yep both pilots didn't make it and a passenger was flying the plane - a passenger who had lots of flying experience on a video gaming system of course. About this time our cable box crapped out. It does this sometimes it doesnt' recognize channels above 100 and you have to reboot. I just decided rather than getting out of bed and unplugging and plugging it back in to try to catch the ending to confirm who walked off the plane, I would turn off the TV and go to sleep. I don't think I missed anything and I didn't have one dream about a snake.....heck, I even had nightmares after Jurassic Park.....which is umm, way less likely to happen.

I hate snakes, but have no fears of them on a plane after giving a couple hours of my life to this film - and a few minutes to blog about it. It just amazes me that the film got made.....it was just a bad movie......

No comments: