Sunday, May 18, 2008

Healthy Meal

Yesterday I went to the mall after naptime to kill some time and get out of the house....Andy was in Las Vegas for his buddy Bill's Bachelor party.

This kid, a boy about 10 or 11 was at Sbarro and got a slice of pepperoni and a bag of chips. Now even when I was little and ate TERRIBLY I knew you couldn't have chips as a side to pizza.....and I could often polish off a whole bag of lay's or ruffles.... He walked over the Gyro place and I was wondering what he could add to his all american dinner......Large Icee. Nice I thought, that is some healthy eating....NOT!

The kid was skinny so he probably has one of those metabolism's we women who struggle with weight hate - you know they can eat and eat, junk after junk and never gain an ounce....my brother was that way. But sadly my brother died of heart disease at 52 - that unhealthy diet of was his undoing probably.

I guess since I am trying to eat heart healthy I was trying to see how everyone was eating and wondering if I missed freedom of pizza, fries, icee's, shakes', cookies, pretzels, ice cream, cheeseburgers, you name it. The weird thing was I was eating a Chik Fil A grilled chicken salad and didn't even want one of my daughter's fries. Maybe I have reprogrammed my brain for the good......probably not, I just really want to lose some weight also.

No comments: