Monday, January 26, 2009

Rest in Peace

My dad is at peace which feels good. I miss him so much though. Thank you all for your prayers and support....there is so much I want to say, but I am still processing the whole experience.

I am OK, just VERY tired. I am still not sleeping at night. The Tylenol PM helps, but doesn't seem to give me long sleep, I am up alot. There are so many little reminders of dad, I cry easily.

Thanks for your prayers, please keep them coming. I am so tired and a little depressed that I have no energy to clean up. Our house is a wreck which I know is on my husband's nerves.

I need some time to process and come to terms with what happened since Christmas. I need to get a routine back on track for Sarah so I can get some stuff done and do some things for myself.

We are almost done with cleaning out Dad's place, which has been incredibly emotional the past 2 days. He was so happy at St George Village in Roswell, and apparently when he walked the halls, he walked ALL the halls - every floor in independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing. The women at the front desk told us everyone there had been asking about him and misses him. We didn't know, but he would go visit a couple people up in skilled nursing who used to live in the assisted living wing.

You know when I think about dad's funeral at the cemetery and them handing us a flag and saying "On behalf of the President of the United States and the Chief of Naval Operations, please accept this flag as a symbol of our appreciation for your loved one's service to this Country and a grateful Navy " I just tear up and start crying. Dad loved his days at Emory and UNC in Officer Training. WWII war ended while he was training at Emory and he was called into service during the Korean war, which lucky dad was assigned to the Naval Station in New Orleans. He told us how everyone loved to see him as he was the paymaster. It really hit me when they handed over the flag dad is gone from this life.

Again, thanks for your prayers. May dad rest in peace and I hope that I can find some rest myself.

Matthew 11:28
Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.

2 comments:

angi_b72 said...

{{{Julie}}} you are in my prayers! Just think what a life that your dad had! Keep the memories close at heart!!

Karen said...

Thinking of you, Julie. Don't worry about your house, etc. It will keep. You have been through a lot in such a short time. ((HUGS))