Friday, August 15, 2008

The Golden Ghetto







When I was growing up, Sandy Springs where I now live was referred to as the Golden Ghetto.....there were VERY nice expensive homes and lots of cheap apartments....not lots in between. This was before Sandy Springs was a city, just a community in unincorporated Fulton County. We went to the park a couple weeks ago and I remembered the name ....the swing in the city park had certainly seen better days, but duct tape does wonders. Sarah didn't seem to notice at all though. I didn't really let her swing for long, the duct tape made me nervous.


Meanwhile we go to another park this week in Roswell and I see they are putting in a water play area with fountains - which makes me so jealous as my town has swings fixed with duct tape. Ok Sandy Springs now that we are a city, can we please just keep the swings in our parks in nice working order without the duct tape.....I know we are a new city and everything, but its downright embarassing to be in a neighborhood next to homes close to 1 million while your daughter rides a swing that has been fixed with duct tape, then again this is the South and you never know what you will see.






No comments: